Home » Opinion » Editorials
No answers in Aurora: Evil exists, as it always has
The mind either reels or turns numb, or perhaps does both, in trying to absorb the mass murder of innocents at a Colorado movie theater early Friday morning.
By now, thousands of talking heads will have ascribed motives to the killer, assigned blame to everything from the NRA to the movie rating system and the Internet, and proposed “solutions’’ ranging from more federal funding to fewer and smaller sugary drinks.
Few among the pontificators will stop yapping even after acknowledging that much, if not all, of what they say is uninformed speculation.
Fewer still will acknowledge that evil exists in our world as it always has and that the one thing that we might all do this Sunday morning is to say a prayer for the victims of the Aurora massacre and say a prayer for ourselves, too.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire