Home » Opinion » Editorials
No answers in Aurora: Evil exists, as it always has
The mind either reels or turns numb, or perhaps does both, in trying to absorb the mass murder of innocents at a Colorado movie theater early Friday morning.
By now, thousands of talking heads will have ascribed motives to the killer, assigned blame to everything from the NRA to the movie rating system and the Internet, and proposed “solutions’’ ranging from more federal funding to fewer and smaller sugary drinks.
Few among the pontificators will stop yapping even after acknowledging that much, if not all, of what they say is uninformed speculation.
Fewer still will acknowledge that evil exists in our world as it always has and that the one thing that we might all do this Sunday morning is to say a prayer for the victims of the Aurora massacre and say a prayer for ourselves, too.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief