Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Man swimming in Merrimack River in Concord drowns
CONCORD — Police said a Concord man swimming with a friend drowned Monday night.
Timothy W. Gee, 49, was in the Merrimack River behind the Everett Arena when he and a companion got caught in a current, according to the New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol.
The two were swept toward a bridge abutment. Gee's friend managed to make it to shore and hail a passerby, who called 911 at 5:40 p.m.
A search was launched by Concord Police and Fire Departments as well as New Hampshire Fish and Game and Marine Patrol. Gee's body was recovered at 6:13 p.m., police said.
An autopsy is to be performed. The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072