Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Man swimming in Merrimack River in Concord drowns
CONCORD — Police said a Concord man swimming with a friend drowned Monday night.
Timothy W. Gee, 49, was in the Merrimack River behind the Everett Arena when he and a companion got caught in a current, according to the New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol.
The two were swept toward a bridge abutment. Gee's friend managed to make it to shore and hail a passerby, who called 911 at 5:40 p.m.
A search was launched by Concord Police and Fire Departments as well as New Hampshire Fish and Game and Marine Patrol. Gee's body was recovered at 6:13 p.m., police said.
An autopsy is to be performed. The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 0
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 12
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time