May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police say Mass. woman nearly hit Salem officer
SALEM — A Stoneham, Mass., woman is accused of nearly striking an officer with her car after fleeing from a plaza near Route 28, police said.
Sabrina Tofsky, 29, was charged Friday with felony reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and reckless operation of a motor vehicle.
Officer Steve McPherson was on patrol at 10:31 p.m. when he saw two vehicles in the parking lot of Movie Scene and Devanti’s Pizza after both businesses were closed, police said.
McPherson pulled in and spoke to one of the drivers, confirming he was an employee of the pizza shop. When he pulled up to the second vehicle, it took off toward the plaza exit – but on the wrong side of a traffic island, police said. McPherson caught up to the vehicle and told the driver to pull over, police said.
The driver, later identified as Tofsky, responded, “No! Leave me the (expletive) alone,” according to police.
Police said Tofsky then rapidly accelerated, spinning her tires and driving south on Route 28. McPherson followed her down Route 28 where another officer was out of his cruiser, signaling Tofsky to pull over. Tofsky allegedly turned her car towards the officer on foot and proceeded to drive through the intersection, narrowly missing the officer, police said.
Tofsky was forced to pull over on Route 28 near Bemister’s Pools. She had to be physically removed from the car, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said Tofsky may have been upset from a domestic incident that happened before police arrived. Police believe a male may have been in her car at one point, but he could not be located afterwards, according to Patten.
Tofsky was booked and held on $5,000 cash bail pending arraignment at 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424