May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police say Mass. woman nearly hit Salem officer
SALEM — A Stoneham, Mass., woman is accused of nearly striking an officer with her car after fleeing from a plaza near Route 28, police said.
Sabrina Tofsky, 29, was charged Friday with felony reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and reckless operation of a motor vehicle.
Officer Steve McPherson was on patrol at 10:31 p.m. when he saw two vehicles in the parking lot of Movie Scene and Devanti’s Pizza after both businesses were closed, police said.
McPherson pulled in and spoke to one of the drivers, confirming he was an employee of the pizza shop. When he pulled up to the second vehicle, it took off toward the plaza exit – but on the wrong side of a traffic island, police said. McPherson caught up to the vehicle and told the driver to pull over, police said.
The driver, later identified as Tofsky, responded, “No! Leave me the (expletive) alone,” according to police.
Police said Tofsky then rapidly accelerated, spinning her tires and driving south on Route 28. McPherson followed her down Route 28 where another officer was out of his cruiser, signaling Tofsky to pull over. Tofsky allegedly turned her car towards the officer on foot and proceeded to drive through the intersection, narrowly missing the officer, police said.
Tofsky was forced to pull over on Route 28 near Bemister’s Pools. She had to be physically removed from the car, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said Tofsky may have been upset from a domestic incident that happened before police arrived. Police believe a male may have been in her car at one point, but he could not be located afterwards, according to Patten.
Tofsky was booked and held on $5,000 cash bail pending arraignment at 10th Circuit Court in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424