Torres leads Laconia Muskrats in win
Joe Torres drove in three runs as the Laconia Muskrats registered an 8-3 New England Collegiate Baseball League win against the New Bedford (Mass.) Bay Sox at Paul Walsh Field Monday.
Torres had a bases-loaded two-run single in the fourth inning, giving Laconia the lead for good, 3-2.
Danny Collins added an insurance run in the fifth inning with a solo homer and Laconia added four more runs in the ninth.
With the bases loaded in the ninth for Laconia, Kyle Convissar (hit by pitch), Regan Flaherty (walk) and Torres (walk) each produced a run without making contact.
Winning pitcher Mathew Aldrich allowed six hits and three runs over 7 2/3 innings. He walked one and fanned 11 hitters.
Laconia (15-22) travels to Newport, R.I., to face the Gulls at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off