Torres leads Laconia Muskrats in win
Joe Torres drove in three runs as the Laconia Muskrats registered an 8-3 New England Collegiate Baseball League win against the New Bedford (Mass.) Bay Sox at Paul Walsh Field Monday.
Torres had a bases-loaded two-run single in the fourth inning, giving Laconia the lead for good, 3-2.
Danny Collins added an insurance run in the fifth inning with a solo homer and Laconia added four more runs in the ninth.
With the bases loaded in the ninth for Laconia, Kyle Convissar (hit by pitch), Regan Flaherty (walk) and Torres (walk) each produced a run without making contact.
Winning pitcher Mathew Aldrich allowed six hits and three runs over 7 2/3 innings. He walked one and fanned 11 hitters.
Laconia (15-22) travels to Newport, R.I., to face the Gulls at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway's Locke beaten by Dodgers in first Pirates start - 0
- Kevin Gray's On Baseball: Home cooking suiting Nolan - 0
- NH's Jeff Locke remains in big leagues as Pittsburgh starter - 0
- Kevin Gray's On Baseball: Expect Bogaerts in Portland - 0
- Manchester Babe Ruth registration is tonight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 8
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack