Torres leads Laconia Muskrats in win
Joe Torres drove in three runs as the Laconia Muskrats registered an 8-3 New England Collegiate Baseball League win against the New Bedford (Mass.) Bay Sox at Paul Walsh Field Monday.
Torres had a bases-loaded two-run single in the fourth inning, giving Laconia the lead for good, 3-2.
Danny Collins added an insurance run in the fifth inning with a solo homer and Laconia added four more runs in the ninth.
With the bases loaded in the ninth for Laconia, Kyle Convissar (hit by pitch), Regan Flaherty (walk) and Torres (walk) each produced a run without making contact.
Winning pitcher Mathew Aldrich allowed six hits and three runs over 7 2/3 innings. He walked one and fanned 11 hitters.
Laconia (15-22) travels to Newport, R.I., to face the Gulls at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Series key starts, ends with 'Z' - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: These Red Sox don't quit - 0
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida - 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19