Torres leads Laconia Muskrats in win
Joe Torres drove in three runs as the Laconia Muskrats registered an 8-3 New England Collegiate Baseball League win against the New Bedford (Mass.) Bay Sox at Paul Walsh Field Monday.
Torres had a bases-loaded two-run single in the fourth inning, giving Laconia the lead for good, 3-2.
Danny Collins added an insurance run in the fifth inning with a solo homer and Laconia added four more runs in the ninth.
With the bases loaded in the ninth for Laconia, Kyle Convissar (hit by pitch), Regan Flaherty (walk) and Torres (walk) each produced a run without making contact.
Winning pitcher Mathew Aldrich allowed six hits and three runs over 7 2/3 innings. He walked one and fanned 11 hitters.
Laconia (15-22) travels to Newport, R.I., to face the Gulls at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Dunn homer paces White Sox over Red Sox - 0
- Red Sox outlast Twins, lengthy rain delay - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Sox edge Twins in 10, 3-2 - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Bard tough to watch, tough to root against - 0
- Red Sox catch Rays in ninth - 0
- Drew, Red Sox pound Rays - 0
- Moore survives Ortiz HR, hurls Rays past Red Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands