Torres leads Laconia Muskrats in win
Joe Torres drove in three runs as the Laconia Muskrats registered an 8-3 New England Collegiate Baseball League win against the New Bedford (Mass.) Bay Sox at Paul Walsh Field Monday.
Torres had a bases-loaded two-run single in the fourth inning, giving Laconia the lead for good, 3-2.
Danny Collins added an insurance run in the fifth inning with a solo homer and Laconia added four more runs in the ninth.
With the bases loaded in the ninth for Laconia, Kyle Convissar (hit by pitch), Regan Flaherty (walk) and Torres (walk) each produced a run without making contact.
Winning pitcher Mathew Aldrich allowed six hits and three runs over 7 2/3 innings. He walked one and fanned 11 hitters.
Laconia (15-22) travels to Newport, R.I., to face the Gulls at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Portland offense rips Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats walk off with win - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Portland's Michael Almanzar is the Comeback Kid - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Sea Dogs’ Vazquez showing all the tools - 0
- Walden sparkles as Fishers blank Sea Dogs - 0
- For Fisher Cats, here come the Sea Dogs - 0
- Fisher Cats win, then head home for Sea Dogs series - 0
- Fisher Cats lose again, despite Nolan's offense - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 3
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 3
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 5
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 2
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Derry marks a soldier's death