Home » Opinion » Editorials
Womanizers for Maggie: Hassan embraces Bill Clinton
The saying that politics makes strange bedfellows gets even richer today with Bill Clinton’s scheduled visit to New Hampshire to endorse Maggie Hassan for governor. The fact that any woman would want the serial adulterer and liar-in-chief in the same room, let alone on a public podium with her, makes one wonder about the depths to which politics continues to sink. Is there no bottom?
Clinton’s visit was announced on the Hassan website. There was, of course, no mention of his disgracing himself, the White House and the nation with a female intern. No mention of earlier “bimbo eruptions’’ or of Clinton being impeached for lying to the Congress.
But the announcement was placed just above a release about “Women for Maggie’’ in which it was announced that 125 New Hampshire women had signed up for a steering committee.
One of them was quoted as saying, “Maggie’s strong record of advocating for women and families is why she has earned such strong support.’’
Great. Women and families, and Bill Clinton, too!
What is next for Maggie Hassan, an endorsement from John Edwards?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arvanitis, Burroughs tops at NH club champs tourney - 0
- Hammer-Lacey team wins NHGA Four Ball tourney - 0
- Sergio makes a splash, but can't hold that Tiger - 0
- Rookie Ernst beats Lynn in PGA golf playoff at Quail Hollow - 0
- NH Golf: Smith still chasing his dream at 33 - 0
- Australian Adam Scott wins Masters in playoff - 1
- Cabrera, Snedeker share lead - 0
- Tiger drops into more hot water - 0
- Day grabs Masters lead; teen survives the cut - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced