Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats win second straight
Kevin Howard wrapped up a strong series against Harrisburg, going 3-for-4 with four RBIs to power the Fisher Cats to an 8-3 road win in Pennsylvania on Wednesday afternoon.
Howard finished the three-game set with six hits and six RBIs to help the Fisher Cats take two of three from the Senators to begin a seven-game road trip.
Howard’s big day began in the first inning with a two-out RBI double to plate Jake Marisnick for an early 1-0 lead. Brad Glenn followed with a single to score Howard for a 2-0 advantage.
With the Fisher Cats leading 3-2 in the fifth, Howard figured into another scoring burst by drawing back-to-back one-out walks with Marisnick. Kenen Bailli added a two-out RBI single to push the lead back to three runs at 5-2.
Pitcher Ryan Tepera kept the 5-2 lead through five innings for New Hampshire, improving his record to 4-1. He allowed two runs on seven hits, striking out two and issuing two walks to improve to 2-0 since his return to Double-A.
Howard added an RBI single in the seventh, plating Marisnick for the third time. A two-run single by Howard, again with two outs, in the eighth gave the Fisher Cats their winning margin at 8-3.
Ryan Goins joined Howard with three hits as part of a 13-hit day for New Hampshire.
The Fisher Cats now head to Altoona for game one of a four-game series Thursday night at 7 p.m. Yohan Pino (5-5, 3.96) will start for New Hampshire, taking on Phil Irwin (2-7, 3.43).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 10
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child