May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Tilton store manager robbed at ATM
TILTON – An armed man robbed a money bag from a manager of a local store as she was about to deposit it at the Northway Bank drive-through lane late Thursday night, police said.
Police received a 911 call reporting an armed robbery at the bank at 5 Market Street at about 10 p.m., according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
The victim, a female whose name was not release, was about to make a night deposit at the bank when a man approached her car on foot as she was stopped in the drive-through lane.
The man shouted at her several times, telling her to “give him the money,” Cormier said.
He then ripped the money bag from her hand and fled on foot toward the nearby Wal-Mart and Market Basket stores, he said.
Cormier said “several” police units from Tilton, neighboring towns, and state police from Troop E and Troop D responded to assist in the search for the man.
A state police dog was used to check the area of the stores and parking lots.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 20s with a thin build, about 5 foot, 8 inches tall, and was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area of the Tilton Wal-Mart and Market Basket stores and Northway Bank Thursday night “who may have seen anything suspicious” to contact Tilton police at (603) 286-4442 or to call the Tilton Police Tip Line at (855) 286-8585.
Cormier said the investigation is ongoing. He did not disclose what type of weapon the man had.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424