Goffstown 9-10 team rules NH
The Goffstown Jr. Baseball All-Stars copped the New Hampshire state 9-10 Little League championship, defeating District II champion Lamprey River of Raymond, 14-1 and 11-1, last weekend.
With the victory, Goffstown will represent the Granite State at the East Regional Tournament, which begins today in Cranston, R.I.
In the opener of the best-of-three series, the District I champs rode the one-hit pitching of Connor Hujsak and Derek Steckowych to the four-inning “mercy rule” victory. Catcher Conor O’Connell threw out two base runners attempting to steal bases and he tagged out another who tried to steal home.
Hujsak and Clay Campbell each had two singles and a triple to highlight the team’s 15-hit offense.
In the second game, Campbell and Bobby Doherty handled the pitching chores and limited their rivals to a single hit. O’Connell gunned down three would-be stealers and Doherty pounded out three hits while Ben Harris, Campbell and Hujsak each cracked two.
Goffstown’s East Regional schedule includes games Sunday at 2:30 p.m. against Connecticut, Monday at 2 p.m. against Massachusetts, Tuesday at 2 p.m. against Maine and Thursday at 2 p.m. against Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Divisions still under discussion - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats' fortunes at Maine may rest with the big guys - 0
- Monarchs continue their battle of the Atlantic - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 5
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 10
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 11
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
2 dead in I-89 collision in Lebanon
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840