Police: Bear causes crash in Conway
CONWAY — A bear triggered a crash on Route 16 that sent four people to the hospital, police said.
“A bear came out on the side of the road and as the (southbound) car swerved to avoid it, it swerved into the northbound lane and struck a northbound vehicle,” said police Cpl. Michael Boucher.
The 350- to 400-pound bear “ran into the side of the car” on Route 16 in an area between the village and the commercial strip around 10:30 a.m., Boucher said.
The injured bear had to be put down, he said. Boucher didn't have information on how seriously the four injured adults were, but said one was ejected from a vehicle.
They were taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs