Police: Bear causes crash in Conway
CONWAY — A bear triggered a crash on Route 16 that sent four people to the hospital, police said.
“A bear came out on the side of the road and as the (southbound) car swerved to avoid it, it swerved into the northbound lane and struck a northbound vehicle,” said police Cpl. Michael Boucher.
The 350- to 400-pound bear “ran into the side of the car” on Route 16 in an area between the village and the commercial strip around 10:30 a.m., Boucher said.
The injured bear had to be put down, he said. Boucher didn't have information on how seriously the four injured adults were, but said one was ejected from a vehicle.
They were taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 0
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 0
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target