Police: Bear causes crash in Conway
CONWAY — A bear triggered a crash on Route 16 that sent four people to the hospital, police said.
“A bear came out on the side of the road and as the (southbound) car swerved to avoid it, it swerved into the northbound lane and struck a northbound vehicle,” said police Cpl. Michael Boucher.
The 350- to 400-pound bear “ran into the side of the car” on Route 16 in an area between the village and the commercial strip around 10:30 a.m., Boucher said.
The injured bear had to be put down, he said. Boucher didn't have information on how seriously the four injured adults were, but said one was ejected from a vehicle.
They were taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty