May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police: Sex offender tried to lure 2 girls in Bristol school parking lot
BRISTOL — A registered sex offender was arrested Thursday afternoon after police say he tried to lure two girls into his car in the Bristol Elementary School parking lot.
Police said Christopher Geary, 43, of Lakeshore Road, Gilford, circled the parking lot where the two girls were standing several times just before 4 p.m.
“He did a combination of circling them and talking to them about getting in the car,” said Bristol Police Sgt. Timothy Woodward.
Geary was arrested on two Class A felony charges of attempted kidnapping, two Class A misdemeanor charges of stalking, and a disorderly conduct violation, police said.
Witnesses to the incident told Woodward and Officer John Guarneri that the suspect was a white male in his 40s or early 50s driving a blue Jeep Cherokee. One witness said his license plate included the number 303 on it, Woodward said.
A check with the state Department of Safety for vehicles matching the description of the car with a partial plate number of 303 found only one close match, a vehicle registered to Geary, Woodward said.
Bristol police contacted Gilford police and found that Geary is a registered sex offender and has been convicted for attempted felonious sexual assault, numerous counts of indecent exposure and lewdness, escape, and a recent violation of terms and conditions of probation or parole, he said.
Police created a photo line-up “and Geary was positively identified as the suspect by the primary witness.”
Geary will be arraigned in Plymouth District Court on July 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 58
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424