June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: Sex offender tried to lure 2 girls in Bristol school parking lot
BRISTOL — A registered sex offender was arrested Thursday afternoon after police say he tried to lure two girls into his car in the Bristol Elementary School parking lot.
Police said Christopher Geary, 43, of Lakeshore Road, Gilford, circled the parking lot where the two girls were standing several times just before 4 p.m.
“He did a combination of circling them and talking to them about getting in the car,” said Bristol Police Sgt. Timothy Woodward.
Geary was arrested on two Class A felony charges of attempted kidnapping, two Class A misdemeanor charges of stalking, and a disorderly conduct violation, police said.
Witnesses to the incident told Woodward and Officer John Guarneri that the suspect was a white male in his 40s or early 50s driving a blue Jeep Cherokee. One witness said his license plate included the number 303 on it, Woodward said.
A check with the state Department of Safety for vehicles matching the description of the car with a partial plate number of 303 found only one close match, a vehicle registered to Geary, Woodward said.
Bristol police contacted Gilford police and found that Geary is a registered sex offender and has been convicted for attempted felonious sexual assault, numerous counts of indecent exposure and lewdness, escape, and a recent violation of terms and conditions of probation or parole, he said.
Police created a photo line-up “and Geary was positively identified as the suspect by the primary witness.”
Geary will be arraigned in Plymouth District Court on July 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424