Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police: Sex offender tried to lure 2 girls in Bristol school parking lot
BRISTOL — A registered sex offender was arrested Thursday afternoon after police say he tried to lure two girls into his car in the Bristol Elementary School parking lot.
Police said Christopher Geary, 43, of Lakeshore Road, Gilford, circled the parking lot where the two girls were standing several times just before 4 p.m.
“He did a combination of circling them and talking to them about getting in the car,” said Bristol Police Sgt. Timothy Woodward.
Geary was arrested on two Class A felony charges of attempted kidnapping, two Class A misdemeanor charges of stalking, and a disorderly conduct violation, police said.
Witnesses to the incident told Woodward and Officer John Guarneri that the suspect was a white male in his 40s or early 50s driving a blue Jeep Cherokee. One witness said his license plate included the number 303 on it, Woodward said.
A check with the state Department of Safety for vehicles matching the description of the car with a partial plate number of 303 found only one close match, a vehicle registered to Geary, Woodward said.
Bristol police contacted Gilford police and found that Geary is a registered sex offender and has been convicted for attempted felonious sexual assault, numerous counts of indecent exposure and lewdness, escape, and a recent violation of terms and conditions of probation or parole, he said.
Police created a photo line-up “and Geary was positively identified as the suspect by the primary witness.”
Geary will be arraigned in Plymouth District Court on July 30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 3
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424