May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Former alderman pleads to simple assault charges
Ex-alderman pleads innocent to stalking
Judge sets new bail for ex-alderman arrested second time in a week
Alderman Ouellette resigns following sex assault arrest
MANCHESTER — Former Manchester alderman Russell Ouellette, 45, resolved a case alleging he sexually assaulted a woman he met at a bar by pleading guilty Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, to three simple assault charges, although two of them specify he touched the woman's breast without permission.
Under terms of the plea negotiated by assistant Hillsborough County attorney Maureen O'Neil and Ouellette's attorney, James Rosenberg, Ouellette was sentenced to concurrent terms of 365 days in the House of Corrections, deferred for one year.
The plea agreement calls for Ouellette to undergo within 45 days an alcohol evaluation and a sexual offender evaluation and follow up with any recommended programming. He must also provide quarterly reports regarding any recommended treatment.
If he can prove at a deferred sentence hearing on July 30, 2013, that he has complied with all requirements, the court will then suspend the sentences for two years of good behavior.
A charge of false imprisonment, from the original incident July 12 in which he took the victim to Wendy's and assaulted her and kept her from getting out of his truck, was dropped, as was a stalking charge stemming from his appearance at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting July 26 at which the victim was also an attendee.
A bail-revocation motion, which was scheduled to be heard Monday, was withdrawn.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 2
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 13
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424