June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Former alderman pleads to simple assault charges
Ex-alderman pleads innocent to stalking
Judge sets new bail for ex-alderman arrested second time in a week
Alderman Ouellette resigns following sex assault arrest
MANCHESTER — Former Manchester alderman Russell Ouellette, 45, resolved a case alleging he sexually assaulted a woman he met at a bar by pleading guilty Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, to three simple assault charges, although two of them specify he touched the woman's breast without permission.
Under terms of the plea negotiated by assistant Hillsborough County attorney Maureen O'Neil and Ouellette's attorney, James Rosenberg, Ouellette was sentenced to concurrent terms of 365 days in the House of Corrections, deferred for one year.
The plea agreement calls for Ouellette to undergo within 45 days an alcohol evaluation and a sexual offender evaluation and follow up with any recommended programming. He must also provide quarterly reports regarding any recommended treatment.
If he can prove at a deferred sentence hearing on July 30, 2013, that he has complied with all requirements, the court will then suspend the sentences for two years of good behavior.
A charge of false imprisonment, from the original incident July 12 in which he took the victim to Wendy's and assaulted her and kept her from getting out of his truck, was dropped, as was a stalking charge stemming from his appearance at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting July 26 at which the victim was also an attendee.
A bail-revocation motion, which was scheduled to be heard Monday, was withdrawn.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424