Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Seven men arrested in Manchester prostitution sting
MANCHESTER — Seven men were snared Friday in an undercover police operation designed to discourage prostitution in city neighborhoods, police said.
Police said a female police officer, working undercover, plied the area of Beech and Manchester streets. She was approached by a number of vehicles whose occupants would engage the officer in conversation.
Police allege all the men agreed to pay the woman money in exchange for sexual contact. Police said the conversations resulted in the arrests.
They were identified as:
- Lerma Ortiz, 33, of Manchester.
- Daniel Feinberg, 42, of Manchester.
- Rene Ouimette, 48, of Manchester.
- Bruce Lovette, 24, of North Hampton.
- Brian LaPlante, 32, of Manchester.
- Om Basnet, 26, of Manchester.
- Damodhor Dahal, 26, of Manchester.
Police said Basnet and Dahal were inside the same vehicle.
All seven were charged with a prostitution-related crime, a misdemeanor.
Ouimette, a registered sex offender, was held on a probation violation. The other six were released on their own recognizance and are scheduled for court appearances in July and August.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424