May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Seven men arrested in Manchester prostitution sting
MANCHESTER — Seven men were snared Friday in an undercover police operation designed to discourage prostitution in city neighborhoods, police said.
Police said a female police officer, working undercover, plied the area of Beech and Manchester streets. She was approached by a number of vehicles whose occupants would engage the officer in conversation.
Police allege all the men agreed to pay the woman money in exchange for sexual contact. Police said the conversations resulted in the arrests.
They were identified as:
- Lerma Ortiz, 33, of Manchester.
- Daniel Feinberg, 42, of Manchester.
- Rene Ouimette, 48, of Manchester.
- Bruce Lovette, 24, of North Hampton.
- Brian LaPlante, 32, of Manchester.
- Om Basnet, 26, of Manchester.
- Damodhor Dahal, 26, of Manchester.
Police said Basnet and Dahal were inside the same vehicle.
All seven were charged with a prostitution-related crime, a misdemeanor.
Ouimette, a registered sex offender, was held on a probation violation. The other six were released on their own recognizance and are scheduled for court appearances in July and August.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424