Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Seven men arrested in Manchester prostitution sting
MANCHESTER — Seven men were snared Friday in an undercover police operation designed to discourage prostitution in city neighborhoods, police said.
Police said a female police officer, working undercover, plied the area of Beech and Manchester streets. She was approached by a number of vehicles whose occupants would engage the officer in conversation.
Police allege all the men agreed to pay the woman money in exchange for sexual contact. Police said the conversations resulted in the arrests.
They were identified as:
- Lerma Ortiz, 33, of Manchester.
- Daniel Feinberg, 42, of Manchester.
- Rene Ouimette, 48, of Manchester.
- Bruce Lovette, 24, of North Hampton.
- Brian LaPlante, 32, of Manchester.
- Om Basnet, 26, of Manchester.
- Damodhor Dahal, 26, of Manchester.
Police said Basnet and Dahal were inside the same vehicle.
All seven were charged with a prostitution-related crime, a misdemeanor.
Ouimette, a registered sex offender, was held on a probation violation. The other six were released on their own recognizance and are scheduled for court appearances in July and August.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424