Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Seven men arrested in Manchester prostitution sting
MANCHESTER — Seven men were snared Friday in an undercover police operation designed to discourage prostitution in city neighborhoods, police said.
Police said a female police officer, working undercover, plied the area of Beech and Manchester streets. She was approached by a number of vehicles whose occupants would engage the officer in conversation.
Police allege all the men agreed to pay the woman money in exchange for sexual contact. Police said the conversations resulted in the arrests.
They were identified as:
- Lerma Ortiz, 33, of Manchester.
- Daniel Feinberg, 42, of Manchester.
- Rene Ouimette, 48, of Manchester.
- Bruce Lovette, 24, of North Hampton.
- Brian LaPlante, 32, of Manchester.
- Om Basnet, 26, of Manchester.
- Damodhor Dahal, 26, of Manchester.
Police said Basnet and Dahal were inside the same vehicle.
All seven were charged with a prostitution-related crime, a misdemeanor.
Ouimette, a registered sex offender, was held on a probation violation. The other six were released on their own recognizance and are scheduled for court appearances in July and August.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus