Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Seven men arrested in Manchester prostitution sting
MANCHESTER — Seven men were snared Friday in an undercover police operation designed to discourage prostitution in city neighborhoods, police said.
Police said a female police officer, working undercover, plied the area of Beech and Manchester streets. She was approached by a number of vehicles whose occupants would engage the officer in conversation.
Police allege all the men agreed to pay the woman money in exchange for sexual contact. Police said the conversations resulted in the arrests.
They were identified as:
- Lerma Ortiz, 33, of Manchester.
- Daniel Feinberg, 42, of Manchester.
- Rene Ouimette, 48, of Manchester.
- Bruce Lovette, 24, of North Hampton.
- Brian LaPlante, 32, of Manchester.
- Om Basnet, 26, of Manchester.
- Damodhor Dahal, 26, of Manchester.
Police said Basnet and Dahal were inside the same vehicle.
All seven were charged with a prostitution-related crime, a misdemeanor.
Ouimette, a registered sex offender, was held on a probation violation. The other six were released on their own recognizance and are scheduled for court appearances in July and August.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424