Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Helliwell sixth, ‘Joey Pole’ 11th in Maine ACT race
In the rain-shortened American Canadian Tour event at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Maine, on Saturday, ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr. of Dover finished sixth overall.
Helliwell completed 112 laps in the race. All twenty-nine starters were on the track for the finish. The event was completed in 57 minutes and five seconds with four cautions, the final one coming out for rain.
Joey Polewarczyk Jr. of Hudson ended in 11th place, behind overall winner Austin Theriault of Fort Kent, Maine.
Theriault punches his ticket to the fourth annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 22, along with Helliwell and Oxford 250 winner Polewarczyk.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 31
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced