Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Helliwell sixth, ‘Joey Pole’ 11th in Maine ACT race
In the rain-shortened American Canadian Tour event at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Maine, on Saturday, ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr. of Dover finished sixth overall.
Helliwell completed 112 laps in the race. All twenty-nine starters were on the track for the finish. The event was completed in 57 minutes and five seconds with four cautions, the final one coming out for rain.
Joey Polewarczyk Jr. of Hudson ended in 11th place, behind overall winner Austin Theriault of Fort Kent, Maine.
Theriault punches his ticket to the fourth annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 22, along with Helliwell and Oxford 250 winner Polewarczyk.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 7
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?