Manchester's postmaster is moving to Maine
MANCHESTER — The postmaster of Manchester has been transferred to Maine, where he will oversee postal operations in the state, a Postal Service spokesman said Monday.
The assignment of Walter Rowland was announced internally by the Postal Service on Thursday, said Postal Service spokesman Tom Rizzo.
The announcement took place days after Manchester letter carrier Russell Ouellette was arrested on sexual assault charges and about 10 days after allegations against Ouellette first surfaced. Rizzo said Rowland’s assignment is unrelated to Ouellette’s arrest.
“This has absolutely nothing to do with that,” Rizzo said.
Ouellette pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault charges Monday. He resigned his elected position of city alderman last week.
Rizzo said Rowland held the Manchester position for several years and was one of seven people named for “detail assignments” on Thursday.
He said detail assignments are routine, temporary placements that are implemented for either career development or operational reasons. Dozens are announced each year, he said.
As senior manager of post office operations in Maine, Rowland will oversee more than 400 post offices, Rizzo said.
His Manchester slot will be filled by Andy Vaillancourt, who currently holds the position that Rowland is filling.
Other changes include John Cantwell, a manager of the eastern New Hampshire zones, to senior manager of post office operations in Vermont and New Hampshire; Shawn Patton, senior manager of post office operations in Vermont and New Hampshire, will become the officer in charge in Hartford, Conn.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 17
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child