May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
State troopers arrest Concord man after highway police chase
A Concord man was arrested on several charges, including aggravated DWI, after a police chase with speeds reaching 80 mph from Bedford to Candia early Monday morning.
The police pursuit began just after 2 a.m. in Bedford, where police tried to stop a 2010 Ford F350 on South River Road. The driver did not stop and instead drove onto Route 101 east/Interstate 293 south to the intersection of Interstate 93 south.
The truck, bearing Massachusetts plates, then got off at Exit 5 on I-93 in Londonderry and reversed direction, continuing north on I-93 to Manchester.
State troopers joined the pursuit on the highway and put out stop sticks about a mile north of Exit 5, which flattened the truck's left front tire. However, the driver continued north on I-93 where it took Exit 6 toward Candia Road in Manchester.
According to a press release issued by state police, the driver went through two sets of traffic lights and continued on to Route 101 east. Troopers put out a second set of stop sticks on Route 101, just west of Exit 3. The truck traveled over the sticks and then took Exit 3 heading south on Route 43 in Candia before it finally stopped.
The driver, identified as James Rondeau, 36, of Concord, was arrested for reckless conduct, operating while being a habitual offender, disobeying an officer and aggravated DWI.
Police said speeds varied from 80 mph on the highways to 45 mph on Route 43 in Candia.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Bedford police at 472-5113 or State Police, Troop B, at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424