Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
State troopers arrest Concord man after highway police chase
A Concord man was arrested on several charges, including aggravated DWI, after a police chase with speeds reaching 80 mph from Bedford to Candia early Monday morning.
The police pursuit began just after 2 a.m. in Bedford, where police tried to stop a 2010 Ford F350 on South River Road. The driver did not stop and instead drove onto Route 101 east/Interstate 293 south to the intersection of Interstate 93 south.
The truck, bearing Massachusetts plates, then got off at Exit 5 on I-93 in Londonderry and reversed direction, continuing north on I-93 to Manchester.
State troopers joined the pursuit on the highway and put out stop sticks about a mile north of Exit 5, which flattened the truck's left front tire. However, the driver continued north on I-93 where it took Exit 6 toward Candia Road in Manchester.
According to a press release issued by state police, the driver went through two sets of traffic lights and continued on to Route 101 east. Troopers put out a second set of stop sticks on Route 101, just west of Exit 3. The truck traveled over the sticks and then took Exit 3 heading south on Route 43 in Candia before it finally stopped.
The driver, identified as James Rondeau, 36, of Concord, was arrested for reckless conduct, operating while being a habitual offender, disobeying an officer and aggravated DWI.
Police said speeds varied from 80 mph on the highways to 45 mph on Route 43 in Candia.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Bedford police at 472-5113 or State Police, Troop B, at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424