Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
State troopers arrest Concord man after highway police chase
A Concord man was arrested on several charges, including aggravated DWI, after a police chase with speeds reaching 80 mph from Bedford to Candia early Monday morning.
The police pursuit began just after 2 a.m. in Bedford, where police tried to stop a 2010 Ford F350 on South River Road. The driver did not stop and instead drove onto Route 101 east/Interstate 293 south to the intersection of Interstate 93 south.
The truck, bearing Massachusetts plates, then got off at Exit 5 on I-93 in Londonderry and reversed direction, continuing north on I-93 to Manchester.
State troopers joined the pursuit on the highway and put out stop sticks about a mile north of Exit 5, which flattened the truck's left front tire. However, the driver continued north on I-93 where it took Exit 6 toward Candia Road in Manchester.
According to a press release issued by state police, the driver went through two sets of traffic lights and continued on to Route 101 east. Troopers put out a second set of stop sticks on Route 101, just west of Exit 3. The truck traveled over the sticks and then took Exit 3 heading south on Route 43 in Candia before it finally stopped.
The driver, identified as James Rondeau, 36, of Concord, was arrested for reckless conduct, operating while being a habitual offender, disobeying an officer and aggravated DWI.
Police said speeds varied from 80 mph on the highways to 45 mph on Route 43 in Candia.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Bedford police at 472-5113 or State Police, Troop B, at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 1
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
- Three get prison for passing bad checks at Tilton outlets - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 3
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424