May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
State troopers arrest Concord man after highway police chase
A Concord man was arrested on several charges, including aggravated DWI, after a police chase with speeds reaching 80 mph from Bedford to Candia early Monday morning.
The police pursuit began just after 2 a.m. in Bedford, where police tried to stop a 2010 Ford F350 on South River Road. The driver did not stop and instead drove onto Route 101 east/Interstate 293 south to the intersection of Interstate 93 south.
The truck, bearing Massachusetts plates, then got off at Exit 5 on I-93 in Londonderry and reversed direction, continuing north on I-93 to Manchester.
State troopers joined the pursuit on the highway and put out stop sticks about a mile north of Exit 5, which flattened the truck's left front tire. However, the driver continued north on I-93 where it took Exit 6 toward Candia Road in Manchester.
According to a press release issued by state police, the driver went through two sets of traffic lights and continued on to Route 101 east. Troopers put out a second set of stop sticks on Route 101, just west of Exit 3. The truck traveled over the sticks and then took Exit 3 heading south on Route 43 in Candia before it finally stopped.
The driver, identified as James Rondeau, 36, of Concord, was arrested for reckless conduct, operating while being a habitual offender, disobeying an officer and aggravated DWI.
Police said speeds varied from 80 mph on the highways to 45 mph on Route 43 in Candia.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Bedford police at 472-5113 or State Police, Troop B, at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 41
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 8
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester police investigating possible home invasion - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 11
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 14
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424