May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man injured in assault, robbery in Manchester
MANCHESTER - Police are looking for two assailants who beat and robbed a man Wednesday night as he left a convenience store at Lowell and Maple streets.
Allen Alexander, 24, of Manchester reported the robbery at 10:45 p.m., about an hour after it happened, according to a police press release.
Alexander told police he heard someone come up behind him as he left the store. Then someone grabbed him by the backpack he was wearing and threw him to the ground.
Once down, Alexander said two men repeatedly punched and kicked him and then took his backpack and cell phone. He suffered injuries to his face and other scrapes and contusions in the attack, police said.
The men ran off to a waiting late '90s, black Chevy Blazer with silver trim, operated by a third man.
Alexander told police his attackers were both white men in their mid-20s. One was about 6-foot-3 with a slender build and closely cropped brown hair. The other was about 6-feet tall, slender with closely cropped black hair.
Alexander could not provide an accurate description of their clothing, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 1
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Senate OKs medical pot, with plenty of restrictions - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Bishop Libasci to ordain 2 at St. Joseph Cathedral - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424