May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Vandals deface cars, homes with spray-painted graffiti
Vandalism targets sections of Manchester overnight
MANCHESTER — Cars and homes were spray-painted overnight Tuesday, Manchester police said, some with graffiti boasting gang-related terms such as “Crip” and “Folk Nation.”
Reports of the mischief were received from Notre Dame Avenue on the West Side, and in east Manchester on Cushing Avenue and Cypress Street, Manchester police said.
People said motor vehicles were spray-painted, scratched and otherwise damaged.
A motorcyle was knocked over on Cushing Avenue, and nearby homes were tagged, police said.
In the parking lot at the Cypress Court condominiums, Steve Viggiano was cleaning off illegible black spray paint from his 2002 Toyota Corolla. Two years ago, vandals slashed one of his tires and three of the tires on his wife's car, he said.
Police said black paint was used in the graffiti. Phrases such as “Folk Nation” and “BK all day” and “Crip” were legible in some instances, police said.
None of those were visible Wednesday afternoon, but one car had a profanity painted on its hood.
On Cushing Avenue, one garage had the word “Doulleo” spray-painted on it.
Like Viggiano, another Cushing Avenue resident said it was easy to remove the paint from his car.
“At least I got off a little easy,” said the man, who would not give his name.
He told police about a Toyota 4-Runner filled with four college-aged men that he saw early Wednesday morning.
It was silver or beige and a model from the 2000s. Its New Hampshire license plate included the characters H032, he said.
“I think it's just some hoodlums raising heck early in the morning,” he said.
Anyone with information can contact Manchester police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424