May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
AG: Man killed wife and mother, then self
SALEM — Police have released the identities of the people involved in a murder-suicide in Salem on Tuesday afternoon.
Autopsies completed Wednesday determined that Jeffrey Kaznecki, 50, his wife, Barbara Kaznecki, 51, and his mother, Shirley Leary, 85, were killed by gunshot wounds to the head at their home at 33 Wheeler Ave., according to the Attorney General's Office.
Barbara Kaznecki and Leary's deaths were classified as homicide. Jeffrey Kaznecki's death was listed as a suicide.
The investigation is ongoing, the Attorney General's Office said. No motive was given.
On her Facebook page, Barbara describes herself as married to Jeff for 30 years. The couple has a daughter, Samantha, it says.
The last posting on Barbara (Whitman) Kaznecki's page says “has discovered that sometimes it's best to leave some people in the past.”
Neighbors knew little about the family or what may have motivated the crime. Family members kept to themselves, but seemed friendly and exchanged casual greetings, neighbors said.
Earl Smith of Old Coach Road is new to the neighborhood. He didn't know the Kazneckis, but said his thoughts went out to their extended family.
“I really feel sorry for that family right now, having to go through all that,” Smith said. “I wish them all the best.”
Police were called to the home around noon Tuesday after a passerby noticed a man down in the driveway. Officers discovered the two women in the house and Jeffrey Kaznecki on the front lawn when they arrived. One of the women was pronounced dead at the scene. The second was pronounced dead after being taken to Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, Mass. The family dog had also been shot, police said.
The crime remains under investigation by the Attorney General's Office and state and local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 10
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424