June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
AG: Man killed wife and mother, then self
SALEM — Police have released the identities of the people involved in a murder-suicide in Salem on Tuesday afternoon.
Autopsies completed Wednesday determined that Jeffrey Kaznecki, 50, his wife, Barbara Kaznecki, 51, and his mother, Shirley Leary, 85, were killed by gunshot wounds to the head at their home at 33 Wheeler Ave., according to the Attorney General's Office.
Barbara Kaznecki and Leary's deaths were classified as homicide. Jeffrey Kaznecki's death was listed as a suicide.
The investigation is ongoing, the Attorney General's Office said. No motive was given.
On her Facebook page, Barbara describes herself as married to Jeff for 30 years. The couple has a daughter, Samantha, it says.
The last posting on Barbara (Whitman) Kaznecki's page says “has discovered that sometimes it's best to leave some people in the past.”
Neighbors knew little about the family or what may have motivated the crime. Family members kept to themselves, but seemed friendly and exchanged casual greetings, neighbors said.
Earl Smith of Old Coach Road is new to the neighborhood. He didn't know the Kazneckis, but said his thoughts went out to their extended family.
“I really feel sorry for that family right now, having to go through all that,” Smith said. “I wish them all the best.”
Police were called to the home around noon Tuesday after a passerby noticed a man down in the driveway. Officers discovered the two women in the house and Jeffrey Kaznecki on the front lawn when they arrived. One of the women was pronounced dead at the scene. The second was pronounced dead after being taken to Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, Mass. The family dog had also been shot, police said.
The crime remains under investigation by the Attorney General's Office and state and local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424