Home » News » Public Safety
Police alert results in missing elderly man being located
MERRIMACK - A memory-impaired 87-year-old man, reported missing from home just before 10 p.m. Wednesday, was found about 90 minutes later by a motorist who saw an alert sent out by police.
Robert Higgins, who suffers from dementia, was reported missing from his 229 Daniel Webster Highway home by his wife who had last seen him at home at 7:30 p.m. Police sent out a Nixle alert about 30 minutes later containing Higgins' description.
About 11:30 p.m., a motorist saw Higgins coming out of the woods next to P and L Landscaping, 79 Daniel Webster Highway, and remembering the alert, called police. Higgins was uninjured and returned home.
Last February, Higgins wandered away from his home overnight but was found in a parking lot at Fidelity Investments, again within minutes of police sending out an alert.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 1
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack