Home » News » Public Safety
Police alert results in missing elderly man being located
MERRIMACK - A memory-impaired 87-year-old man, reported missing from home just before 10 p.m. Wednesday, was found about 90 minutes later by a motorist who saw an alert sent out by police.
Robert Higgins, who suffers from dementia, was reported missing from his 229 Daniel Webster Highway home by his wife who had last seen him at home at 7:30 p.m. Police sent out a Nixle alert about 30 minutes later containing Higgins' description.
About 11:30 p.m., a motorist saw Higgins coming out of the woods next to P and L Landscaping, 79 Daniel Webster Highway, and remembering the alert, called police. Higgins was uninjured and returned home.
Last February, Higgins wandered away from his home overnight but was found in a parking lot at Fidelity Investments, again within minutes of police sending out an alert.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands