Home » News » Public Safety
Police alert results in missing elderly man being located
MERRIMACK - A memory-impaired 87-year-old man, reported missing from home just before 10 p.m. Wednesday, was found about 90 minutes later by a motorist who saw an alert sent out by police.
Robert Higgins, who suffers from dementia, was reported missing from his 229 Daniel Webster Highway home by his wife who had last seen him at home at 7:30 p.m. Police sent out a Nixle alert about 30 minutes later containing Higgins' description.
About 11:30 p.m., a motorist saw Higgins coming out of the woods next to P and L Landscaping, 79 Daniel Webster Highway, and remembering the alert, called police. Higgins was uninjured and returned home.
Last February, Higgins wandered away from his home overnight but was found in a parking lot at Fidelity Investments, again within minutes of police sending out an alert.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072