Home » News » Public Safety
Dump truck rollover closed section of I-93 in Ashland
ASHLAND - A driver lost control of a dump truck loaded with gravel after a front tire blew out, causing the truck to skid off Interstate 93 north Wednesday afternoon and roll over, according to state police.
Robert Huber, 68, of Bristol, was driving a 1988 dump truck at 4:10 p.m. north on I-93 when the front passenger-side tire failed. The truck skidded off the right side of the highway, went up an embankment into a cluster of trees, and rolled over onto the driver's side.
Huber suffered minor injuries in the crash and was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth, where he was treated and later released.
The right lane was closed in the section of I-93 north near mile marker 78.8 for several hours while police investigated and the truck was removed.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Tim Stevens of Troop F and Sgt. Nathan Boothby of Troop G.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 8
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
License revocations for DWI announced
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands