Home » News » Public Safety
Dump truck rollover closed section of I-93 in Ashland
ASHLAND - A driver lost control of a dump truck loaded with gravel after a front tire blew out, causing the truck to skid off Interstate 93 north Wednesday afternoon and roll over, according to state police.
Robert Huber, 68, of Bristol, was driving a 1988 dump truck at 4:10 p.m. north on I-93 when the front passenger-side tire failed. The truck skidded off the right side of the highway, went up an embankment into a cluster of trees, and rolled over onto the driver's side.
Huber suffered minor injuries in the crash and was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth, where he was treated and later released.
The right lane was closed in the section of I-93 north near mile marker 78.8 for several hours while police investigated and the truck was removed.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Tim Stevens of Troop F and Sgt. Nathan Boothby of Troop G.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage