Home » News » Public Safety
Dump truck rollover closed section of I-93 in Ashland
ASHLAND - A driver lost control of a dump truck loaded with gravel after a front tire blew out, causing the truck to skid off Interstate 93 north Wednesday afternoon and roll over, according to state police.
Robert Huber, 68, of Bristol, was driving a 1988 dump truck at 4:10 p.m. north on I-93 when the front passenger-side tire failed. The truck skidded off the right side of the highway, went up an embankment into a cluster of trees, and rolled over onto the driver's side.
Huber suffered minor injuries in the crash and was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth, where he was treated and later released.
The right lane was closed in the section of I-93 north near mile marker 78.8 for several hours while police investigated and the truck was removed.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Tim Stevens of Troop F and Sgt. Nathan Boothby of Troop G.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 56
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time