Rochester man arrested, charged with 3 counts of animal cruelty
ROCHESTER — A local man, who allegedly placed his dog in a "pinch collar" so tight that it embedded in the animal's flesh, was arrested Wednesday by Rochester police on three counts of animal cruelty, all class A misdemeanors. According to a press release from the Rochester Police Department, bail was set at $2,500 personal recognizance with an arraignment date of Sept. 10, 2012 at 8 a.m.
Police said they responded to the 6 Pink St., home of Bryon Melanson, 44, and found a black labrador tied outside the home with a pinch collar. The dog had an open, infected wound on its neck caused by the collar, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
- George Will: Forgetting the lessons of Watergate - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Screeching lies does not count as debate - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37