May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Conway man faces felony charges over 'Drano' bombs
CONWAY - A local man is under arrest after setting off bottle bombs at the home of another man after an argument, according to police.
No one was injured in the incident, but police charged Andrew Schroeder, 26, of 32 Seavey St., with possession of an infernal machine and throwing or placing explosives, both Class A felonies punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
Schroeder was arraigned Thursday in 3rd Circuit Court, Conway District, where bail was set at $10,000 personal recognizance and $2,000 cash.
Lt. Chris Perley said the investigation began about 11 p.m. Wednesday when police went to Schroeder's home for a disturbance involving Schroeder and Eben Moss, 28, of 91 Seavey St.
Schroeder complained Moss kicked in his apartment door and Moss told officers Schroeder had placed homemade bombs around his apartment.
Perley said officers immediately went to Moss' apartment building where they found exploded and unexploded bottle bombs, also called "Drano" bombs because the drain cleaner is the chemical used, near the front door and hallway.
What police found particularly alarming, Perley said, is that glass bottles were used instead of plastic ones, which increases the risk of injury to unintended parties.
"It's the cherry bomb of the new millennium, I guess," Perley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 12
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 11
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424