May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Rochester dog owner charged with animal cruelty
ROCHESTER - A local man was arrested on animal cruelty charges after his dog was found with a large wound caused by a "pinch" collar embedded into its flesh.
Bryon Melanson, 44, of 6 Pink St., was arrested Thursday on three counts of animal cruelty, all class A misdemeanors.
Police began an investigation Wednesday evening after receiving a complaint about the dog at the residence. Officers said they found a black Labrador tied outside with the "pinch" collar embedded into its flesh with a large open wound that was infected.
Officers talked with Melanson when he arrived home and requested the dog be brought to the emergency veterinarian in Newington for immediate treatment. Melanson was later charged with the animal cruelty counts.
What's next:Melanson was released on $2,500 personal recognizance bail with arraignment set for Sept. 10 in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 8
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 6
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424