May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Rochester dog owner charged with animal cruelty
ROCHESTER - A local man was arrested on animal cruelty charges after his dog was found with a large wound caused by a "pinch" collar embedded into its flesh.
Bryon Melanson, 44, of 6 Pink St., was arrested Thursday on three counts of animal cruelty, all class A misdemeanors.
Police began an investigation Wednesday evening after receiving a complaint about the dog at the residence. Officers said they found a black Labrador tied outside with the "pinch" collar embedded into its flesh with a large open wound that was infected.
Officers talked with Melanson when he arrived home and requested the dog be brought to the emergency veterinarian in Newington for immediate treatment. Melanson was later charged with the animal cruelty counts.
What's next:Melanson was released on $2,500 personal recognizance bail with arraignment set for Sept. 10 in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424