May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Rochester dog owner charged with animal cruelty
ROCHESTER - A local man was arrested on animal cruelty charges after his dog was found with a large wound caused by a "pinch" collar embedded into its flesh.
Bryon Melanson, 44, of 6 Pink St., was arrested Thursday on three counts of animal cruelty, all class A misdemeanors.
Police began an investigation Wednesday evening after receiving a complaint about the dog at the residence. Officers said they found a black Labrador tied outside with the "pinch" collar embedded into its flesh with a large open wound that was infected.
Officers talked with Melanson when he arrived home and requested the dog be brought to the emergency veterinarian in Newington for immediate treatment. Melanson was later charged with the animal cruelty counts.
What's next:Melanson was released on $2,500 personal recognizance bail with arraignment set for Sept. 10 in 7th Circuit Court, Rochester District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424