May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Conway man charged in homemade bottle bomb case
CONWAY — A man set off bottle bombs at the home of another man after an argument, according to police.
No one was injured in the incident but police arrested Andrew Schroeder, 26, of 32 Seavey St. on charges of possession of an infernal machine and throwing or placing explosives, both class A felonies punishable up to 15 years in prison.
Schroeder was arraigned Thursday in 3rd Circuit Court, Conway District, where bail was set at $10,000 personal recognizance and $2,000 cash.
Lt. Chris Perley said the investigation began about 11 p.m. Wednesday when police went to Schroeder's home for a disturbance involving Schroeder and Eben Moss, 28, of 91 Seavey St.
Schroeder complained Moss kicked in his apartment door and Moss told officers Schroeder had placed homemade bombs around his apartment.
Perley said officers immediately went to Moss' apartment building where they found exploded and unexploded bottle bombs, also called “Drano” bombs because the drain cleaner is the chemical used, near the front door and hallway.
What police found particularly alarming, Perley said, is that glass bottles were used instead of plastic ones, which increases the risk of injury to unintended parties.
“It's the cherry bomb of the new millennium, I guess,” Perley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424