Home » News » Public Safety
Charlestown police cruiser struck attempting U-turn, teens injured
CHARLESTOWN — A Charlestown police cruiser attempting to make a U-turn on Route 12 on Friday was hit by a pickup truck, state police said.
Police said Charlestown police Officer Raymond Gosetti was heading south on Route 12 about 4:30 p.m. Friday when he saw a northbound car commit a violation. He turned on his emergency lights and pulled to the side of the road to turn around and head north, state police said.
His cruiser was hit by a pickup truck driven by Jacob Van Velsor, 19, of Charlestown, who was trying to pass the cruiser on the left after it pulled over to the side of the road. Van Velsor and a passenger, Hunter Sylvester, 17, of Charlestown, each suffered minor injuries in the crash and declined medical treatment, state police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072