Home » News » Public Safety
Charlestown police cruiser struck attempting U-turn, teens injured
CHARLESTOWN — A Charlestown police cruiser attempting to make a U-turn on Route 12 on Friday was hit by a pickup truck, state police said.
Police said Charlestown police Officer Raymond Gosetti was heading south on Route 12 about 4:30 p.m. Friday when he saw a northbound car commit a violation. He turned on his emergency lights and pulled to the side of the road to turn around and head north, state police said.
His cruiser was hit by a pickup truck driven by Jacob Van Velsor, 19, of Charlestown, who was trying to pass the cruiser on the left after it pulled over to the side of the road. Van Velsor and a passenger, Hunter Sylvester, 17, of Charlestown, each suffered minor injuries in the crash and declined medical treatment, state police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Small business owners more upbeat about economy - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid